Duplex Sequencing Technology
Duplex Sequencing is an ultra-high accuracy sequencing method that overcomes the limitations of Next-Generation Sequencing by independently tracking both strands of individual DNA molecules. The paired sequences are compared to eliminate errors.
Duplex Sequencing Reveals True Mutations
- > 10,000 fold increase in accuracy over standard NGS
- Eliminates virtually all background errors, revealing ultra-low frequency variants
- Compatible with any Illumina® sequencer
- Easy to adopt with no special equipment needed
The same gene sequenced by standard Illumina® sequencing (left) and with Duplex Sequencing (right). With conventional methods, every position in the gene appears mutated in 0.1 – 1% of molecules sequenced. Duplex Sequencing eliminates the background noise, revealing the previously hidden true mutation.
- Duplex Sequencing capitalizes on the naturally-occurring complementarity between strands of the DNA double-helix
- Each strand of each original molecule is uniquely labelled such that both can be tracked throughout amplification and sequencing for subsequent error correction
TwinStrand’s Duplex Sequencing product offers the greatest accuracy in DNA sequencing available today. Our kits include everything needed to convert DNA into Duplex Libraries, ready to run on any Illumina® sequencer. The robust 2 – 3 day hybrid capture-based workflow is familiar to and easily integrated into existing workflows.
Our platform includes access to a secure cloud-based bioinformatics pipeline. The pipeline is expertly tuned and optimized for accurate, easy-to-use, primary and secondary analysis.
TwinStrand Duplex Sequencing
- DNA sample
- Water and ethanol
We provide library prep kit:
- Duplex-optimized library preparation reagents
- DuplexSeqTM adapters
- Dual unique indexes
- PCR reagents
- Hybrid capture reagents
- Magnetic beads
- TwinStrand DNA standards
Multi-box configuration facilitates best practices, separating pre- and post- PCR protocol steps.
- Illumina® sequencer
We provide bioinformatics solution:
- Purpose-built for DuplexSeq data
- Easy-to-use, secure cloud-based software hosted on DNAnexus®
- Processes raw read files to produce duplex error-corrected sequences, variant calls, and assay quality metrics
- Industry standard formats compatible with existing annotation
Inputs: demultiplexed FASTQ files from any Illumina® platform
Outputs: error corrected BAM, VCF, and CSV files